sunnuntai 25. maaliskuuta 2018

5th Korea trip stories part 6

Hello everyone! A lot has been happening, my 1st period in school is finally over and 2nd period starting soon~ Guess what, I got accepted for student exchange to South-Korea! To Seoul of course :D Can't wait to start planning my exchange~ But anyway, let's get started with my korea trip series :)

Day 9

 

Daejeon and Gongju

 

Sirja had one korean friend in Daejeon and she and her sister invited me over also so we decided to visit, I personally like to meet new people even though I get shy sometimes. But anyway, I was excited!

First thing in the morning we took subway to seoul express bus terminal station where bus terminal was located. We took tickets for about 11am departure (can't remember the exact time) and bought some snacks for breakfast while waiting the bus to arrive to platform. It took about 2 hours from Seoul to Daejeon (Daejeon express bus terminal).

We waited couple minutes in Daejeon terminal before Sirja's friend and her sister came to pick us up. We were hungry so we went straight to eat to this budaejjigae (부대찌개) place, I happen to love budaejjigae (army stew) so I was happy :D Budaejjigae is kind of hotpot in which you can find noodles, meat, vegetables and so on.

Sirja's friend said Daejeon is not a tourist city so there's less to see but they decided to take us to Gongju. I had visited Gongju before but Sirja hadn't. But I hadn't visited the place they took us to so it was really nice for me too~ Gongju is about 20 minutes away from Daejeon. Sirja's friend and her sister took us to a mountain where the scenery was so beautiful and peaceful. We went to one cafe and enjoyed the view and chatted about everything, I really enjoyed my time there.






We walked around a bit after enjoying coffee but soon we had to head back to Daejeon because it was getting late and we still had to travel 2 hours back to Seoul. We took a local bus to Yuseong bus terminal from where we took bus to Dong Seoul terminal. Near Yuseong bus terminal we went to Paris Baguette cafe to chat some more while we were waiting our bus to leave. I had fun day and our hosts were so friendly! Even though I didn't know them before they treated me like a friend and I could comfortably talk with them. Because sometimes it can happen that when you meet your friend's friend they talk alot to catch up and you just end up sitting there and listening so I was so thankful they were so open and friendly.

I took a photo from the bus on our way back to Seoul

Day 10

 

Incheon

 

Next day it was my turn to take Sirja to meet my friend. My friend is finnish and lives in Incheon with her family, I was doing my volunteer work period in Korea the same time with her but in different places. Anyway, we woke up early because we took subway to Incheon and it takes about 2 hours to where my friend lives from Sinchon station.

Our route from Sinchon to Incheon

If you're ever in Incheon area by the way, I recommend to stop at Bupyeong. I believe they have the largest underground shopping area in Korea (correct me anyone if I'm wrong). It's even bigger than Express bus terminal area in Seoul.

Anyway, we arrived on time, went to eat first in local restaurant before going over to my friend's house. It was funny in the restaurant when we went in and the ajumma (waitress) was shocked to see foreigners but she was very friendly. In that area you normally don't see foreigners (at least often).

We ate delicious mandusoup and mandus

After eating ourselves full, we went to finally meet my friend. I remembered how to walk there from station and even remembered the building (it was like two years when I last visited) but I was a bit confused with the apartment number but ended up finding it anyway. We got safely into my friend's place and were greeted by her over excited welsh corgi (it's sooooo cute) and we got to meet my friend's cute baby (squishy cute I can't even, he was so adorable). My friend also owns a cat and it's just a fluffy ball, it's nice but doesn't really care about anyone lol, it's sometimes needy for petting xD

who could really resist this attention needy corgi


As I have said before, I will not post photos about my friends or their families in case they don't want to be on my blog posts so that's why I won't post photos about my friend's baby even though I'm tempted to because he was so adorable I want to show him! (but he's my friend's baby so..)

After catching up a while, we decided to visit one mall near my friend's home. Not really sure if it was Sinsaegae or not but anyway, it was big. Went there by local bus and it took about 20 minutes to get there. We went to a cafe and did a little browsing tour in the stores but didn't really end up buying anything. We were there about 2 hours and then decided to leave because we had 2 hour trip back to Seoul city center and my friend's baby was getting quite restless. But I had a nice day catching up with my friend and Sirja apparently had nice time too because I asked if she felt left out and did I take her into consideration enough.

We headed back to Seoul by bus and got off at Hapjeong (which is almost next to Sinchon). We were really hungry and first we planned to eat in Sinchon but we came across to one korean restaurant which looked inviting so instead of going straight away to Sinchon we ate in Hapjeong.

I got kimchijjigae (kimchisoup) and Sirja got bokkeumbap (fried rice)

Next post is the last in my series and then I've finally finished with my 5th travel posts about Korea! This has been looooooong overdue but I explained last year why. And especially with school it has been very busy so usually when I have assignments I don't have any strenght to write more. But I'll try taking time on weekends. Until next time~

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti