lauantai 2. tammikuuta 2016

Happy new year 2016!


Long time no see! Happy new year 2016!!

I have been spending the holidays quietly meeting with friends and spending time with family so that's why my blog has been quiet. My christmas was nice~ on 22nd day I went with Annina to Tuomaan markkinat (traditional christmas market) which is held in Helsinki in Senate square. I bought too much food lol. After spending afternoon in Helsinki I went home for few hours before I left to movies with my brother and the movie was none other than Star Wars force awakens :P
Here's some photos:






On 23rd we decorated christmas tree (well it was mostly me lol) and in the evening we visited my great grandparents grave which is in the most biggest cemetery in Helsinki. It's finnish tradition to visit graves and light candle to dead loved ones close to christmas eve (our family does it on 23rd every year because it's too crowded on 24th).

For foreigners reading this blog; christmas eve is the main event in Finland. On 25th we just rest :P
24th started with eating rice porridge what my dad makes every year. Actually my dad prepares like all the food, he likes cooking. My mom hates cooking lol.
My sister and her boyfriend came 1pm and we started our christmas dinner then (I say dinner because on christmas eve we usually eat only one big dinner, no lunch). We had pork (main dish), liver casserole, mashed potato casserole, carrot casserole, rosolli salad, cold smoked salmon, and one type of salmon dish that apparently doesn't even exist in english dictionary :,D and some few other side dishes. The food was good and everyone enjoyed it~

Then we rested a while and proceeded to open presents. I got Moomin bowl and couple movie tickets from my parents, my sister gave me also couple movie tickets and chocolate she made herself and then I got money from my grandparents and from aunt and uncle. My brother had failed to inform he didn't get presents for anyone...

Well anyway, I was happy with my presents <3 even few things give a great happiness.
Then rest of evening I spend with my parents just three of us because my sister and her boyfriend left around 4pm and my brother went to his friends.









Calendar completed






After christmas I went to a shopping spree in christmas sales lol. I first on sunday visited Helsinki with Linda and finally bought hair straightener! I have somehow managed these years without one xD I also bought one Shiseido travel set which was only 24€, so very cheap for being Shiseido.

Then on monday I went to shopping mall near my town with Annina. Bought couple cheap shirts. And I thought people are crazy because it started to be crowded in afternoon and everyone just pushed to make their way at stores. So we left pretty soon it started to be too crowded. Hint; go shopping right when they open stores, you have at least couple hours to shop at peace lol.


My new year's eve went quietly. I just spend it at home with parents because I wasn't invited anywhere. Well, doesn't matter, I had fun with my parents. My brother left to his friends after eating dinner with us. When it was almost 12am we went outside to watch fireworks. We didn't buy any ourselves but watched our neighbors xD

Well I had these little ones at least :P

Now to cosmetics review (it's been a while, sorry)




L'occitane shea butter handcream
Price: 8,50€ / $9.20
Where can I get it: Most european cities have l'occitane shops or stores that sells it. They also have websites.

Oh my god. This is propably the best handcream I have ever tried (and I have tried maaaaany). It has rich texture but it's still spreading well without leaving sticky feeling. And the moisturized feeling after spreading, it feels so gooood :D The handcream has subtle fragrance but at least for me it's pleasant. I seriously recommend this one! I think I found my handcream from now on. I just have to use the other 5 brand's handcream I've bought xD And just to add one more praise; it's travel sized so wherever you go you don't have to carry a huge tube, this fits into smallest of purses.
Would I buy this again? Yes yes yes!! I fell in love *A* I actually got a small tester of this from habitare fair? (I think) and used it all up before christmas. The one you see in the photo, well I bought it from l'occitane store xD Thank you for that sample, l'occitane, you opened my eyes xD

And one other review, from L'occitane also; 
(I normally don't like these type of brands because they use strong fragrances and my nose is sensitive but l'occitane surprised me)




L'occitane Essence sublime
Price: normal price 54€ / $58.90
Where can I get it: same as above

Essence sublime is basically a serum, only lighter. It doesn't have serum's more heavier texture and some features but it's close to being a full serum. Because Essence sublime is light it fits perfectly under makeup without final result feeling sticky. I actually like this alot, it moisturizes really well and has a subtle, nice fragrance. It's also easy to spread. It promises to fade redness, tighten pores and soften and brightening skin. And for me it has done that all. It hasn't caused any extra pimples or uneven skintone for me so I definetly recommend it to those who have sensitive skin! It comes in small 30ml bottle and it's light so it's no problem to take it with you for example when you're travelling. Essence sublime is a bit pricey but it's worth it, trust me! You'll love the light moisturizing texture!
Would I buy this again? Yes, I feel like it's the one thing I've been missing from my morning skincare routine before makeup.



So that's pretty much all~ So excited for Matka 2016 though! I'm all the time waiting for Finnair to be announcing some promotions for the fair >:] Have been stalking flight prices to Seoul on april. Hope to be able to buy flights soon~ And then from fair to find some useful info. It was funny when I mentioned Matka2016 to my mom she was like "I could go too, I'm interested looking for some tips for apartments in mediterranean for winters" and I'm like ok mom :D So besides me being a blogger in there, I'm keeping my mom company and helping her find useful info. That will be an adventure of it's own xD Anyway, if you're going and see me there, come and say hi~

See you later~

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti