keskiviikko 6. tammikuuta 2016

Matka 2016 - nordic travel fair

Hello guys, this will be a bit different post than I usually write~

I got this playful "challenge" to write something like my dream destination or best countries worth checking for in Matka2016. So *intense drummin*... I'm going to write about countries and tips you should definetly check out! So without further due, let's get onto it :D

If you're interested in Asia and Europe then this will propably be useful to you~

1. South-Korea. As I am fan of South-Korea I know I'm a bit biased. Last year I was so disappointed Korea didn't join the fair but they're back this year! Wohoo! So I'm double as excited. And yesterday, I just booked flights for my 4th trip to Korea! I'll be visiting from 1st april to 18th april! I got them really cheap from Finnair, they have promotion called "matkakuume" going on for Finnair plus club members. Really good discount prices for especially long-haul flights so you should definetly check it out.
But anyway, South-Korea has risen to popularity within couple years because of their "hallyu wave" which means culture, especially kpop music spreading around the world. Besides that, Korea is really beautiful country with mountains and amazing scenery everywhere. For finnish people at least, Korea offers exotic experience that will leave a great memory. For first timer, Seoul is basically enough because it's so big and there's always something for everyone. Even I have still something I haven't seen and I've already visited there three times. My friends (who also visited there) sometimes ask me surprised "you didn't visit that and that place?!" xD
For those who look something away from crowds and busy city life I recommend Gyeongju or Jeju.
You can visit South-Korea's booth at the travel fair to ask more info. I'm definetly going to update my maps etc. They're at 7e50.

2. Japan. Even tripadvisor ranked Japan as one of the best countries to travel this year. Even though I know I'm not going to travel Japan at least this year I've had interest in Kioto for a long time. Hopefully I'll be able to visit Kioto sometime in the future. Or then Okinawa! For me both of them feel exotic~ I have only visited Tokyo once but I can say you're in for some culture shock if you decide to visit Japan xD You can find Japan at 7e61. (by the way, 4.30pm on saturday they have program "greetings from Japan" at Sonera inspiration stage *wink wink*)

3.Spain. Why Spain? Well, they're theme country this year~ Even though I have visited Spain only once (well canary islands) I still recommend to check them out. Many of my friends have visited especially Barcelona and I have heard only positive feedback from the experience. Spain is everywhere this year, you can find booths from many areas and cities. Most of them you can find from 6a.

4. Travel bloggers flee market. I'm also donating to there :) You can find stuff from travel guides to equipments with affordable prices. Profits will be donated to "Autolla Nepaliin" -project which emphasizes that with little things you can do great. Check it out on saturday from 1pm to 4pm and sunday from 12pm to 2pm. You can find it near Meeting point and Rantapallo stage.

5. On friday, program called "Traveltrends of 2016 and how you can afford to travel more often" presented by Mattias Varen, Travel Economist and professional traveler. I think this would be a great to hear if you like to travel alot but feel like everytime you travel you spend too much money. Or it feels like it takes too much time to save for a trip. This would be good even for me lol. I feel like everytime I do a trip my account shows zero after I come back home :,D You can find this on Mondo stage, 3.30pm.

Of course, Matka2016 offers many many more things that are interesting and worth looking for! But these are my recommendations and tips :)
Oh and if you want to win some great prices, like trips, go to tempaudu.fi. Who knows, maybe luck is on your side ;)


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti