sunnuntai 8. marraskuuta 2015

Korean culture event and other things

Hi everyone~

I'm keeping myself busy even now that I'm unemployed which is good because else I would get really bored and lazy lol.

So as I promised I will talk a little about the Korean culture event I went a week ago saturday. I went with Anniina and we went as soon as the event opened, it cost 5€ so not so bad~ I think they made one serious error; they didn't give attendees any ticket or stamp so basically if you didn't mention you were going to go out for a while from event, you could have ended up paying twice because they had no way of knowing who already paid and who didn't. Me and Anniina just confirmed couple times from staff that they will surely let us in back if we go out.
We first took a quick look what stuff is there for sale and sorry to also say this but I found it a bit lacking. It would have been more great if they got for example korean snack stand etc. in there. Now there was only one company selling cosmetics and wigs and then flee market where they were basically selling kpop stuff. And I'm not that interested in buying kpop stuff anymore. My favorite group is VIXX but even for them I won't go into crazy shopping spree, the things I buy have to be useful for me or at least official stuff.
In the event opening show was learning Big Bang's Bang Bang Bang dance choreography. So this one:


We just followed and watched in the back while others danced. It looked so fun but I was already getting so hot because air wasn't circulating that well in that space... so I wasn't gonna get sweaty for rest of the day lol.
When dance class was over we just browsed a bit and went to one workshop area and just talked to random people who we didn't know. I'm actually very shy to speak with strangers... but it was nice.
Then we left to eat and met with Linda promptly. And back got back to the event again.
We took part to a korean culture quiz and I won! Lol I have not won anything ever so I was happy. And bit confused why I won because I left three quiz answers empty because I didn't know them (there was 10 questions about korea and half of them were from kpop). I had no idea to questions asked about Girl's Generation rumoured second sub-unit, when south-korea became independent and which is Big Bang's debut song and when they debuted. Sorry, not big fan of SNSD and Big Bang.
Anyway my price was snacks donated by korea box.
I haven't tasted those korean snacks before so it was nice but when I went to look how much worth is one korea box snackbox per month... well, it's a bit pricey compared to where the snacks came from and what's the shipping cost for one box. (they will make some serious profit).

After quiz they closed doors for a while and we had to wait in the lobby for them to arrange the place for main event; kpop dance competition aka KDC. I was surprised how many dance groups were in so good level in dancing! But some groups were so awkward to watch.

Just some tips for those groups: if you choose a song that is energetic, you have to have that energetic attitude even if you make mistakes. Audience will feel your energy and won't even notice when you make mistakes if you just have that attitude. And when you dance, you have to do the moves larger, there were some groups that looked like they were just standing there doing some small moves that were hard to differ what they were. And I was in 4th row so I had clear view but still with some groups it was hard to see what they were doing. Also, practice your expressions in front of mirror! It's important you look you're enjoying dancing! Now some people from some groups looked like they want to run away. I know it's because you concentrate so much but for the audience it's important you show you're enjoying it. And last but not least I have to mention synchronization. Some groups were so out of synch it was hard to watch.
And I meant to give these all as advice for you to be so much better next time, not to diss anyone.
And this all comes from a person who danced 8 years and last 3 years in main representing performance dancegroup for our dancehall. In the group we did many shows and even competed in dance competitions. Ah, how I miss those times, when I saw KDC it made me want to dance again in dancegroup T_T

Anyway, it was very tough competition and I accidentally ended up taking video from winner :D Because I'm VIXX fan, I took video from Function performing On&On and in the end they won KDC. I'm happy for them and proud as Starlight. It was great performance, every detail were in place and even though they made couple small mistakes, it was enjoyable to watch. And I'm not saying all this because I'm Starlight, even judges acknowledged their performance.
Second place went to dancegroup who performed VIXX Error. Even though they were good and acknowledged as second place, I myself felt something was missing. Maybe I'm more critical because I'm Starlight lol. They were good, points for that and there was such amount of feeling even I felt it! But I found dance somewhat lacking... I don't know what it was... but that's how I felt T_T I'm sorry T_T I'm not trying to diss or anything, I'm happy as Starlight that they were second with VIXX's choreography. And apparently VIXX is getting more and more popular because this year there were 22 groups and two groups did VIXX's choreography and came as TOP2~ and I heard people go wild for them lol.

Here's Function's cover and VIXX's real choreography, just to compare :P






So that's about it from korean culture event. I ended up explaining it a bit longish lol...
So in this week I have been keeping myself busy also. Monday and tuesday there was so nice weather I just couldn't wait to get outside and walking. It's still great autumn weather. Although season is slowly turning into winter. On wednesday I went to accompany my mom shopping, she wanted to go buy some flowers because my mom loves flower arranging. And she did one arrangement for my parents 30th anniversary (of meeting) and it goes with father's day just as fine. Congratulations to my parents ^^

On thursday I went to eat dinner with my friends Anniina, Linda and Laura. We went to korean restaurant Korea House which I have mentioned in one of my previous post also. If you want to experience a little bit of Korea in Finland, it's the place I recommend :) I ordered vegetable 순두부찌개 (sundubu jjigae) which is spicy tofu soup with vegetables. Usually it's a soup with seafood but because the only seafood I like is shrimp I ordered the soup as vegetable version. It's scalding hot but you'll get used to that if you eat alot of korean food. But I accidentally touched the pot with my finger and got burned =__= it's only a minor area in my finger but I couldn't feel anything with it for two days so everyone be careful with hot things ok~
Anyway I had fun chitchatting with my friends, we really need to meet more often :<


Unluckily I got abrasion from my new shoes after that evening =_= it got more painful yesterday and I haven't been walking properly since then. I hope it will get better fast... It's like the size of my pinky finger =__= everyone, be careful with new shoes ok? I should have at least put some bandaid because I knew new shoes can cause things like this but I never had anything this bad before... lucky it's a week until my trip for Tallinn, if it would be only couple days I would be screwed.
Did I even mention that I'm going to Tallinn? Me and Annina are going to celebrate our birthdays that way :) I can handle 3-hour ship trip even though I get pretty serious motion sickness. I usually get only a little headache after going to Tallinn by ship. So it's not so bad. But I still can't even think going to Stockholm by ship... my last time in 2010 was horrible I don't even want to think about it. So I'm only brave enough to endure 3-hour trip in a ship.
But yay can't wait!

Today was father's day and our whole family gathered in our home and we ate family dinner and spend coffee moment together. It was nice and quiet day full of leisure~ Although I feel a little bad for Annina because I had to ditch my dance hobby today (because I can barely walk).

I'm not doing cosmetics review this time either, I talked too long about that korea event lol. So until next time~ (I will propably do post after my trip to Tallinn).


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti